From "Benjamin Russell Stocum" <bsto...@paychex.com>
Subject Re: Multiple JVMs writing to one log file
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:34:15 GMT
Just a thought...

If multiple JVM's wrote to the same log file would that be thread safe?  How
would you lock a class cross JVM? I suppose you could chmod it.. but then I
think you would still have a problem with log times not being in order...

What I see is more like a log file buffer that would be written to by your
applications, and then a second process that periodically reads these
buffers(files) and creates 1 log from them that is ordered properly.

-Ben Stocum