From "Benjamin Russell Stocum" <bsto...@paychex.com>
Subject Re: Category.assert() disappointing
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:05:14 GMT
Ok, but isn't that redundant with logging? in such case it wouldn't be
beneficial  to use?
I was trying to follow the whole thread, and from what I was reading before
it seemed like some were thinking of Category.assert() as what is used in
JUnit.  If not, I would think that it wouldn't be proper to use and assert in
that way.  I would think that you would send a ERROR, or FATAL and have your
program handle the code to exit out.  An assert after all is an "if" clause.

I haven't been in the Java community more then a few months so I could be way
off... but it would seem more logical to me to adopt the JUnit interpretation
of an assert as a precondition to working, and leave the rest to if
statements and FATAL logging levels...?

-Ben

ps. its probably a good thing its getting removed...