From "Benjamin Russell Stocum" <bsto...@paychex.com>
Subject Re: A few questions - tips for easy debugging?
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:49:29 GMT
I am also new to log4j, but I believe I can answer some of your questions. If I
am wrong, someone correct me :)

First are you missing R from "log4j.rootCategory=debug, logfile" ?

Q1:  Answer:  are you working with servlets?  If so I thought it was required
that you reinitialize Tomcat because of the way a servlet JVM engine is set up.

Q2: ? anyone?

Q3: ...this means do we have to create static Category instances for each class
files which I want to debug?
Answer:  From looking at the "Short introduction to log4j", the "Configuration"
section, this would appear to be the case, you would need to define a "static
Category" for each class you want detailed debugging on.  What I mean by this is
that if class A uses class B.  And class B does not define a "static Category",
then all the messages will appear as if they belonged to class A?

-Ben Stocum