From "Daniel Kreuzhofer" <...@secure-net.de>
Subject How do I append different files to different packages
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 10:15:02 GMT
Hy,

I am actually trying to create different file-appenders for different
packages. Does anyone really know a working confguration for this. For
example I would like that all the log entries for the package
"org.mitsu.mcd.services.requestlog" go to a single file.

I have already tried the following, but it doesnt work

log4j.category.org.mitsu.mcd.services.requestlog=debug, another
log4j.appender.another=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.another.File=webapps/mcd/logs/request.log
log4j.appender.another.MaxFileSize=100KB
log4j.appender.another.MaxBackupIndex=1

What ist wrong with this configuration? Log4j still logs all entries for the
Classes in that package to the main log-file. It doesnt even work if I
change the first line to a complete Class, for example

log4j.category.org.mitsu.mcd.services.requestlog.RequestLogger=debug,
another

That also does simply not work

Please help!

Thanx