From UHAL...@de.ibm.com
Subject Logging in GUI
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:44:20 GMT

Hello all,

I'm using Log4J with following configuration file to log events to the
display and to a file:

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, DISPLAY, FILE

log4j.appender.DISPLAY=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

log4j.appender.DISPLAY.File=System.out

log4j.appender.DISPLAY.Threshold=ERROR

log4j.appender.DISPLAY.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

# log4j.appender.DISPLAY.layout.ConversionPattern=%20c *** %m%n
log4j.appender.DISPLAY.layout.ConversionPattern=%m%n%n

log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.FILE.File=trc

log4j.appender.FILE.Threshold=WARN
#log4j.appender.FILE.Threshold=INFO
#log4j.appender.FILE.Threshold=DEBUG

log4j.appender.FILE.MaxFileSize=500KB

log4j.appender.FILE.MaxBackupIndex=5

log4j.appender.FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.FILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %20c *** %m%n

Currently I'm developing a graphical user interface for my project and I
want to log the events, which were  previously logged to the display are
now logged to a text area within the GUI.
Within the examples of the Log4J package I found the TextPaneAppender.

Is it possible to configure the TextPaneAppender via the Configuration file
?

Is there a possibility to log the events of my project to the display (when
I'm using no GUI) or to the text pane (when using the GUI) alternatively ?

Thanks in advance for your support.