From "Kirk Benson" <kirk.ben...@brokat.com>
Subject Configuration in stateless objects?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:27:37 GMT
I have an implementation question:

We have lots of code (servlets, JSPs, EJBs) that execute within an
application server as stateless client objects.  Therefore, we have no easy
access to the startup logic of the JVM from which to invoke the
PropertyConfigurator.configure() method.  I think the right way to do this
is to define a subclass of Category (similar to MyCategory) and implement a
static block within this class to configure the system.  As long as all
logging uses this derived Category subclass, then the first call to
getInstance() will configure the system.

Is there a better way to do this?