From Ceki Gulcu <c...@apache.org>
Subject Re: odd problem with log4j + tomcat + junit
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 10:20:20 GMT

Hi John,

This is a known problem which is due to a screw up on my part. The
DOMConfigurator.configure(URL) requires the presence of a JAXP compatible
parser along with the Java DOM Level 2 bindings. The only parser that
fulfills both requirements is Xerces. However, it turns out that DOM Level
2 is not really required.

In log4j 1.0 scheduled for today or maybe tomorrow, you will be able to use
the DOMConfigurator along with Sun's XML parser.  Regards, Ceki