logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:26:36 GMT
You should note that while we consider all votes only PMC votes are “binding”. I don’t
think that changes much however.

From a PMC perspective I have to say that keeping the user’s lists separate isn’t likely
to be an issue as most of the things that would need to be discussed would be on a dev list
anyway.

Ralph

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 2:45 AM, Dominik Psenner <dpsenner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The votes are way too scattered over the different mailing lists so that I didn't even
find my own vote. ;-) Therefore I'm trying to summarize the current state of the vote:

<mailto:user@logging.apache.org>

> Matt Sicker: -1
> Ralph Goers: +1
> Stefan Bodewig: -1
> Sven Rautenverg: -1
> Thorsten Schöning: -0
> Ivan Habunek: -0
> Dominik Psenner: +1
> Remko Popma: +1
> Mikael Ståldal: -1
>
> Totals so far:
> +1: 3
> +0: 0
> -0: 2
> -1: 4
> Sorry to anyone who's vote is missing.
>
> On 2017-03-08 05:20, Matt Sicker wrote:
>> I may be missing some mailing lists considering I just subscribed to half of them
less than five minutes ago.

>> This is a vote to merge the various Apache Logging Services mailing lists. The proposal
is to combine them as follows:

>> log4j-dev@, log4php-dev@, log4net-dev@, log4cxx-dev@ -> dev@logging.apache.org
<mailto:dev@logging.apache.org>
>> log4j-user@, log4php-user@, log4net-user@, log4cxx-user@, general@ -> user@logging.apache.org
<mailto:user@logging.apache.org>

>> commits@ and private@ remain the same as before.
>>
>> The proposal would also suggest that the old emails become aliases for the combined
email names so as not to lose any future emails. To distinguish between projects, a subject
tag can be added such as:

>> [java]
>> [net]
>> [cxx]
>> [php]
>>
>> Though I wouldn't think such a tag is required, though it should help in gaining
the attention of the appropriate audience.

>> Voting:
>>
>> +1: Yes, combine the mailing lists!
>> +0: Go ahead, don't care that much.
>> -0: Don't like it, but not vetoing it.
>> -1: No, don't do that! I have a better idea!
>>
>> This vote follows the same "lazy consensus" (at least 3 +1 binding, no -1/vetoes)
we use for general releases and whatnot. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.