logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 12:17:23 GMT

log4j-dev@, log4php-dev@, log4net-dev@, log4cxx-dev@ -> dev@logging.apache.org

+1

log4j-user@, log4php-user@, log4net-user@, log4cxx-user@, general@ -> user@logging.apache.org

Interesting discussion. I can see both pros and cons. How will this work for users currently
subscribed to log4j-user@? Will they need to resubscribe or is this done with aliasing? If
this is done with aliasing we can try it and easily undo it if it turns out it doesn't work
well, and I would be +1 to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 16:21, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't see much on the user mailing lists either. Sometimes I'll post questions there
myself, but I see other developers sticking to the dev lists for their own user questions.
It's interesting.

>> On 8 March 2017 at 01:16, Dominik Psenner <dpsenner@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> I think that the activity on the user mailing lists is low enough such that the users
are not dragged away, while at the same time they take advantages of the larger audience.
Further it tightens the relationship between the logging subprojects.