logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SyslogAppender parameter name change
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2017 09:09:08 GMT
Thanks Matt!
Sam, can you check if this resolves the issue?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 4, 2017, at 14:49, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I see. There were a couple issues with @PluginAliases for SyslogAppender specifically.
Fixed in master.

>> On 3 February 2017 at 10:23, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Plugins can have aliases via @PluginAliases (see for example <https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/master/log4j-core/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/appender/mom/JmsAppender.java>),
don't recall if attributes are supported. If not, that's a feature we can support for sure.

>>> On 2 February 2017 at 18:27, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Darn, I apologize for that one.
>>>
>>> Gary

and the new name without causing users inconvenience. If possible we should address this for
2.8.1.

After updating to release 2.8 I noticed that I was getting the following error:

still has the parameter listed as "reconnectionDelayMillis" but the code is now obviously
looking for "reconnectDelayMillis". I'm going to change my config to use the new name, but
I thought I'd point out the disconnect as it had me confused for a bit. Thanks - Sam