logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SyslogAppender parameter name change
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 00:09:36 GMT
Sorry for that and thanks for letting us know!

I wonder if parameter names can have aliases so we can support both the old and the new name
without causing users inconvenience. If possible we should address this for 2.8.1.

Remko

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 4:13, Sam Beroz <samberoz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The reconnectionDelayMillis parameter was renamed to reconnectDelayMillis. After updating
to release 2.8 I noticed that I was getting the following error:

> ERROR Syslog contains an invalid element or attribute "reconnectionDelayMillis"
>
> It appears that change was part of this commit:
>
> commit ed828be67a23ee3513cafc9d2fd0ff16a26c7013
> Author: Gary Gregory <ggregory@apache.org>
> Date:   Mon Nov 14 15:11:47 2016 -0800
>
>     [LOG4J2-1709]
>
>     Add a Builder to SyslogAppender and deprecate
>     SyslogAppender.createAppender().
>

> The documentation (https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/appenders.html#SyslogAppender)
still has the parameter listed as "reconnectionDelayMillis" but the code is now obviously
looking for "reconnectDelayMillis". I'm going to change my config to use the new name, but
I thought I'd point out the disconnect as it had me confused for a bit. Thanks - Sam