logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Apache <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: github
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:01:57 GMT
Thank you!  That was exactly what I was looking for.

Ralph

> On Jan 18, 2017, at 9:43 AM, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com> wrote:
>
> It should be possible to accept the PR without making any comment. Just go do the "Files
changed" tab, click on "Review change" (upper-right) and choose "Approve".

example <https://github.com/gelstudios/gitfiti <https://github.com/gelstudios/gitfiti>>.

>> As for reviewing PRs, you just click a line to add a comment, and it offers to start
a review or just add a single comment at a time. It should let you do it; anyone can start
a review on anyone else's public pull request as far as I can tell (I've done it in repositories
I wasn't affiliated with prior).

>> As for merges, sure, we can't use the merge buttons on GitHub, but when we get a
PR, it has a git command you can use to pull their request to your own repo, and then you
basically perform the merge yourself and push back to Apache's git repo.

>> Really, the value of the GitHub side of things is mainly promotional. The pull request
interface is a bit nicer than submitting patch files or .java file attachments, but we have
to use it in a restricted fashion which gets annoying at times.

specified at Id.apache.org <http://id.apache.org/>.

>> Ralph
>>
>> On Jan 17, 2017, at 11:03 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com <mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> The repo is read-only, so it's only useful for people who like GitHub instead
of svn and who do not have commit rights to our project.

>>> There is an issue with Apache and GitHub where if I look at my Travis CI page
-- which I connected to my GitHub account -- I do not see myself in Travis CI's site, as a
member of the Apache organization on GitHub. After many rounds with Travis CI and Apache infra,
it would seem that only Apache admins are really part of the Apache organization on GitHub
as far as Travis CI is concerned. Maybe only Apache admins are only able to be GitHub reviewers,
just a guess. I take it you have a GitHub account and that you are a member of the Apache
org on GitHub.

>>> Gary
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Apache <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
>>> I am finding myself a bit frustrated with out GitHub repo.  What exactly are
we supposed to be able to do?  My understanding is that we can’t actually do merges there
as it is a mirror of the ASF git repo. I seem to be able to only comment on pull requests
but can’t actually add myself as a reviewer or approve them. I have always questioned the
value of the number of commits as I tend to do all my work on something and get it fully tested
before I commit anything, whereas others seems to do lots of small commits.

<http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1617290459>
<http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1935182021>
 <http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1935182951>
>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com <http://garygregory.wordpress.com/>

>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/ <http://garygregory.com/>
>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory <http://twitter.com/GaryGregory>
>>

>> --
>> Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com <mailto:boards@gmail.com>>
>

> --
>

> Mikael Ståldal
> Senior software developer
>
> Magine TV
> mikael.staldal@magine.com <mailto:mikael.staldal@magine.com>
> Grev Turegatan 3  | 114 46 Stockholm, Sweden  |   www.magine.com  <http://www.magine.com/>
>
> Privileged and/or Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are
not the addressee indicated in this message
> (or responsible for delivery of the message to such a person), you may not copy or deliver
this message to anyone. In such case,