logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.logging.log4j.core.layout.GelfLayout.Builder.additionalFields
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 23:10:33 GMT
There is an outstanding request for the JSON layout to show a formatted timestamp instead of
 (or in addition to) the current millis since epoch long.

Could this AdditionalFields feature be used for that?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 6, 2017, at 7:40, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> - HTML could, JSON could, XML could, YAML could (these are all pretty open ended)
>
> - Then I can recall if Syslog has such an allowance, I recall someone asking about that,
perhaps in the message itself.

> - Does seem to make sense for CSV for example.
>
> Gary
>
>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Which Layouts actually support additional fields? I wouldn't pull it up until there's
a need.

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jan 6, 2017, at 4:08, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think we should pull up org.apache.logging.log4j.core.layout.GelfLayout.Builder.additionalFields
to the superclass so it can be used in any layout (that allows for extra fields).