logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of the manual change log
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 18:43:01 GMT
I agree.

The release mail is out, but we can modify the blog post. If we modify changes.xml and regenerate
the page we can manually update that page on the site as well.

I can modify the blog post but can someone else do the remainder if they want?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 28, 2017, at 3:20, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was looking over the changelog for 2.8 and noticed some things in the "Fixed Bugs"
section that sound like they'd be more appropriate in the "New features" section such as:

> * Added Builder classes (e.g., GelfLayout)
> * Make GelfLayout independent of Jackson (that is totally a new feature!)
> * Added CleanableThreadContextMap (not only is it a new feature, it's a new log4j-api
class!)
> * Any new options added to plugins (e.g., disableAnsi in PatternLayout)
> * Configurable JVM shutdown hook timeout
> * Garbage-free changes (unless you consider garbage objects to be a bug now?)
>
> Also, this isn't such a big deal, but when we do more than two dependency version upgrades
within a single release, it might be clearer to combine them into a single ticket (e.g., Jackson
makes a bit more releases than we do, so we usually end up with multiple Jackson upgrade tickets
in the changelog which isn't very helpful to a user).