logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Steffen Offermann <steffen.offerm...@aixigo.de>
Subject Re: @Required on layout on AbstractAppender
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 09:13:16 GMT
Nope, recreation of the custom Logger did not solve the problem.

On 09/13/2016 10:56 AM, Steffen Offermann wrote:
> I guess I have an idea what might cause the error messages: We use a custom Logger implementation
(to provide factory methods for our custom log levels). The current master version of Log4j2
may not
> [...]
>>                "type" : "Console",
>>                "name" : "Console",
>>                "DetailsLayout" : {
>>                   "extendedFormat" : true
>>                }
>>             },
>>             {
>>                "type" : "RandomAccessFile",
>>                "name" : "File",
>>                "fileName" : "logs/oid.log",
>>                "DetailsLayout" : {
>>                   "extendedFormat" : true
>>                },
>>                "policies" : {
>>                   "CronTriggeringPolicy" : {
>>                      "schedule" : "0 0 0 * * ?"
>>                   },
>>                   "SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy" : {
>>                      "size" : "1GB"
>>                   },
>>                   "ExternalTriggeringPolicy" : {
>>                   }
>>                }
>>             },
>>             {
>>                "type" : "RandomAccessFile",
>>                "name" : "File/metrics",
>>                "fileName" : "logs/oid-metrics.log",
>>                "DetailsLayout" : {
>>                   "extendedFormat" : true
>>                },
>>                "policies" : {
>>                   "CronTriggeringPolicy" : {
>>                      "schedule" : "0 0 0 * * ?"
>>                   },
>>                   "SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy" : {
>>                      "size" : "1GB"
>>                   },
>>                   "ExternalTriggeringPolicy" : {
>>                   }
>>                }
>>             }
>>          ]
>>       },
>>       "loggers" : {
>>          "asyncRoot" : {
>>             "level" : "info",
>>             "includeLocation" : true,
>>             "AppenderRef" : [
>>                {
>>                   "ref" : "File"
>>                }
>>             ]
>>          },
>>          "asyncLogger" : [
>>             {
>>                "name" : "com.aixigo.tec",
>>                "level" : "debug",
>>                "additivity" : "false",
>>                "includeLocation" : true,
>>                "AppenderRef" : [
>>                   { "ref" : "File" }
>>                ]
>>             },
>>             {
>>                "name" : "oid-metrics",
>>                "level" : "stats",
>>                "additivity" : "false",
>>                "includeLocation" : true,
>>                "AppenderRef" : [
>>                   { "ref" : "File/metrics" }
>>                ]
>>             }
>>          ]
>>       }
>>    }
>> }
>>

>> On 09/13/2016 10:02 AM, Remko Popma wrote:
>>> What is the configuration that generates this error?

it seems I can already give the all-clear: The latest master does not break any of our logging-specific
test cases any more
requirement of ours in those test cases).

Or are you using the builder class?

<mailto:steffen.offermann@aixigo.de>> wrote:

> [...]
works if I remove the @Required annotation, like Gary suggested, but then most of the other
tests break.

mentioned in the documentation) though?

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1573>. I'll try that shortly.

not use the same default. I'll remove the @Required tomorrow.

<mailto:boards@gmail.com> <mailto:boards@gmail.com <mailto:boards@gmail.com>>>
wrote:

> [...]
of a default layout until you execute the build() method, then the validator will err out
before build() is called.

<mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com> <mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com <mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com>>>
wrote:

> [...]
null layouts by using a default layout. That works for programmatic configs. But in order
for that to work from a config file,

wrote:

> [...]
field at build time, not injection time. If the field was set to null, then you're going to
have a bad time.

@Required on layout on org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.AbstractAppender.Builder.layout.

appender should provide a default layout?

Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/ <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>>
<http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/ <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>>
<http://garygregory.wordpress.com> <http://garygregory.wordpress.com/ <http://garygregory.wordpress.com/>>

<mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com <mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com>> | ggregory@apache.org
Edition <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/ <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>>
<http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>>
<http://www.manning.com/templier/>>
<http://garygregory.wordpress.com> <http://garygregory.wordpress.com/ <http://garygregory.wordpress.com/>>

<mailto:boards@gmail.com <mailto:boards@gmail.com>>>

<mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com <mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com>> | ggregory@apache.org
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/ <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>>
<http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>>
<http://www.manning.com/templier/>>
<http://garygregory.wordpress.com/ <http://garygregory.wordpress.com/>>

<mailto:boards@gmail.com <mailto:boards@gmail.com>>>

fax: +49 (0)241 559709-99 <tel:%2B49%20%280%29241%20559709-99>

<mailto:log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org>