logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: changes.xml
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 23:30:01 GMT
FWIW, I only use "due-to" to signify I (being "dev") have had significant help from someone
else. This may be a patch/ pull request, or an analysis /design suggestion or something else.
I thought the intention of the due-to was to explicitly give credit to everyone who helped
the dev. I use it in the hope it encourages people to keep contributing.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2016/08/27, at 8:04, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We don't gpg-sign commits, so it wouldn't really matter. It's more useful in larger projects
where you have a hierarchy of project leaders involved.

>> On 26 August 2016 at 18:02, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you suggesting we augment the changes.xml model to reflect the 3rd attr?

>>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Git has 3 distinctions though: author, committer, and signed off by (which is
optional).

as the actual author; kind of like git's distinction.

as “due-to” yourself?  Why are you doing that? Traditionally, we have omitted that when
a committer does the work as it shows up as you making the commit in the report.