logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Ståldal <mikael.stal...@magine.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.6.2 rc1
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 10:29:05 GMT
Now I see that the latest (post 2.6.2) addition lacks type as well:

      <action issue="LOG4J2-1458" dev="ggregory">
        Update Jackson from 2.7.5 to 2.8.0.
      </action>

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

> The web site is corrected. It had the 4 items but with an odd icon.  I’ve
> updated changes.xml and RELEASE_NOTES.txt. While they won’t be in the
> release distribution RELEASE_NOTES.txt is used for the announcement email.
>
> Ralph
>
> On Jul 6, 2016, at 8:23 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
> wrote:
>
> Yes, it should be fixed.
>
> Ralph
>
> On Jul 6, 2016, at 6:02 AM, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com>
> wrote:
>
> Should we fix the changes.xml file now?
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Good catch! Ah, the joys of copy-paste...
>>
>> Looks like these entries all are missing the type attribute (add, fix,
>> update)....
>>
>> We can manually update the announcement before mailing it out.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 2016/07/06, at 16:56, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Seems like the top four entries in changes.xml is not included in the
>> release notes:
>>
>> <action issue="LOG4J2-904" dev="rgoers" due-to="Bernhard Mähr">
>>   If copy and delete fails in rename action then resort to truncating the source
file after copying it.
>> </action>
>> <action issue="LOG4J2-1250" dev="rgoers">
>>   CronTriggeringPolicy was not properly setting the prevFileTime value for the PatternProcessor
so
>>   file dates and times on rolled files were incorrect.
>> </action>
>> <action issue="LOG4J2-1452" dev="rpopma" due-to="Mikael Ståldal">
>>   Fixed issue where reusable messages broke flow tracing logic.
>> </action>
>> <action issue="LOG4J2-1440" dev="rgoers">
>>   Fix bug in OnStartupTriggeringPolicy that allowed it to roll over on every reconfiguration.
Added
>>   minSize attribute.
>> </action>
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> What about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1452

toString() on auto-boxed primitive parameters.
auto-boxed primitive message parameters.

Goers.
to format log events to text will not
on startup and was getting a NullPointerException.
and always stored non-JDK classes in ThreadLocals.
file is used by another process. Thanks to Ludovic HOCHET.

and then "git checkout tags/log4j-2.6.2-rc1”

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer