logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Start configuration snippet for log4j2.properties?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 04:55:14 GMT
Incidentally YAML feels more modern and user friendly, but it seems like a lot of the current
articles focus on the XML format.  I think the YAML support is a big plus.  There's a nice
comparison of the two formats for log4j2 here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28101903/what-is-a-sample-default-config-file-in-yaml-for-log4j2

Cheers,
Ole

On 07/07/2016 10:22 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Remko and I try to answer questions on stackoverflow as quickly as possible.  I just
responded to yours. But to be honest, you probably could have gotten this from the manual
online.  All I really did was take the example from the manual and tailor it a little bit
for use in a Maven build.

> Ralph
>

>> On Jul 7, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Ole Ersoy <ole.ersoy@gmail.com <mailto:ole.ersoy@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Hope it's OK that I ask about this here.  If not just say USER LIST!
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38254220/start-configuration-snippet-for-log4j2-properties
>>
>> I think Stackoverflow, given it's QA guidelines and voting features, are a great
way to speed up adoption and get Log4J2 in front of developers (A lot of great java devs listen
in on the Qs).  The more information there is WRT to specific questions the easier it will
be to adopt Log4J2.