logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logger.isEnabled Javadoc
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:52:13 GMT
It's supposed to work the same way that MarkerFilter works. Checking if a
message is filtered based on the marker means you can deny or allow events
strictly based on what marker is attached. You can do some pretty cool
stuff with MarkerFilter if you're using markers a lot.

On 29 June 2016 at 12:31, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com> wrote:

> I have now added unit tests for Logger.isEnabled(Level, Marker) similar to
> those existing for Logger.isEnabled(Level), and fixed the Javadoc.
>
> If we want more elaborate tests, I am a bit unsure about how it supposed
> to work so someone else should do that.
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There are two options to test that, then:
>>
>> 1. Update TestLogger in log4j-api/test to add support for marker filters.
>> 2. Make a full integration test (i.e., with a config file) for
>> MarkerFilter as the current test only uses the filter directly.
>>
>> On 29 June 2016 at 03:54, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> There is no unit test coverage of Logger.isEnabled(Level, Marker)

Marker.
and marker, {@code false} otherwise.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>