logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More failing tests
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 15:07:14 GMT
On Jun 21, 2016 8:02 PM, "Ralph Goers" <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Thanks, now if we could just figure out why Windows things it is in use…

I fixed that last week :-)

Gary

> Ralph
>
>> On Jun 21, 2016, at 2:48 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Voila:
>>
>> java.nio.file.FileSystemException: target\testfile: The process cannot
access the file because it is being used by another process.

>> at
sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:86)
>> at
sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:97)
>> at
sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:102)
>> at
sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.implDelete(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:269)
>> at
sun.nio.fs.AbstractFileSystemProvider.deleteIfExists(AbstractFileSystemProvider.java:108)
>> at java.nio.file.Files.deleteIfExists(Files.java:1118)
>> at
org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.OnStartupTriggeringPolicyTest.cleanup(OnStartupTriggeringPolicyTest.java:76)
>> at
>> at
>> at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
>> at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
>> at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
>> at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:33)
>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
>> at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:86)
>> at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
>> at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:459)
>> at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:675)
>> at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:382)
>> at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:192)

>> Gary
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

>>> I’d need the rest of the error message on
OnStartupTriggeringPolicyTest, but the line it is failing on is to delete
the log file if it exists after the test has completed.

>>> We need to determine why Windows thinks the file is in use on the
RollingAppenderSizeTest. I suspect this is the same problem our Windows
have been complaining about on the RollingFileAppender.

>>> Ralph

delete rollingtest.log due to FileSystemException:
target\rolling1\rollingtest.log: The process cannot access the file because