logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Log4j 2.6.1
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2016 14:44:54 GMT
I created the fix and tested it. The test works when I run it standalone but fails when I run
all tests. I am not sure why. One way or another I plan to create the release today.

Ralph

> On Jun 5, 2016, at 4:23 AM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is the footer being written twice in LOG4J2-1405 a showstopper for 2.6.1?
> If this is an easy fix I'd say go for it, but otherwise perhaps it makes sense to release
what's in master now.

> Especially LOG4J2-1409 (the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException)
> and LOG4J2-1406 (getting stuck on a previously logged Exception)
> are critical bugs and I'd like to release the fix for these as soon as possible...
>

>> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 5:54 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> Actually, nevermind.  I know how to do it.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>>> On Jun 3, 2016, at 1:32 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I can make on from the jpeg tonight or tomorrow. AFK.
>>>
>>> Gary

the one in the chart preceding the one for 2.6.

“tomorrow morning” translates into 12-24 hrs from now.  So if you have more you want to
do when you get up you have some time.

LOG4J2-1394 (I did a bit but there's still quite a few remaining).

since the user upgraded from 2.3. However it's 2 am here and I'm done for day.

batch of fixes.

go in?  I am thinking I will start the release tonight or tomorrow morning.

also like to modify RenameAction to use java.nio.file to rename and delete so that we can
get better logging out of them. Ultimately, I want to address LOG4J2-1180 to have the rolling
file appender write directly into the “rollover files” as this is apparently the only
real fix for Windows.  However, I don’t want to do that in a point release.

it seems the support for having Loggers stored by their message factory is not working correctly.
Gary apparently is also experiencing this problem.

these three items this week and do another release this weekend.  If there are any other bugs
that can be addressed by then I’m ok with that.

log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org