logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Garbage-free Log4j docs preview
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 17:53:05 GMT
The javadoc for FileDescriptor is fairly ambiguous. I’d have to look at the code, but I would
guess the the FileDescriptor may just be a reference to the PrintStream. I really don’t
think you can count on what it points to. I would also worry about us trying to use the FileDescriptor
while the application might be writing to System.out.

Ralph