logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: 2.6 Release
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 17:41:16 GMT
Yes, I built the site but can’t upload it right now. I will let you know when it is there.

Ralph

> On May 25, 2016, at 9:47 AM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Are you going to upload it to home.apache.org <http://home.apache.org/>?
>
> On 25 May 2016 at 10:51, Apache <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
> The release build is finished. I have to build the site and make it all available for
review. I may not finish that until tonight.

> Ralph
>
>> On May 25, 2016, at 6:57 AM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com <mailto:remko.popma@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Ok. Done tweaking the announcement. Thanks for waiting!
>>
>> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
>> Yes. You need to update announcement.vm
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On May 24, 2016, at 11:54 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com <mailto:remko.popma@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Can I tweak the announcement text a little?
>>>
>>> I'd like it to say
>>>
>>> ... the ability to be "garbage-free" (avoid allocating temporary objects) while
logging if certain conditions are met, (...)

@Ignore // FIXME
@Ignore("Broken test?")
@Ignore("Broken test?")

my code signing key and install it on my other MacBook Pro. So I should be able to start the
release whenever we are ready. From what I can tell we still need a fix for the YAML and Json
layouts.

:-)

were being merged into composite configurations - that was causing the problem with ${filename}.

the end I see a comment from Ralph that the current output is wrong. If you have the bandwidth
I'd say go ahead and fix it.

<mailto:mikael.staldal@magine.com>> wrote:
> [...]
still debugging the second test  that is creating that file. Given the slow internet at my
hotel I may have to wait til next week.

please feel free to start the release whenever you are ready.

log4j-perf/src/main/resources/perf-WithoutAnyAppender-location.xml, and src/main/resources/perf-WithoutAnyAppender.xml).

::compositeLogger and ::testReconfiguration

and src/main/resources/perf-WithoutAnyAppender.xml

log4j-core: ${filename} and src/test/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/async/perftest/GilsDosAndDontsLatencyTesting.txt.
 Obviously the first is a build error but I am not sure if the second is meant to be there.
If it is it needs an apache license header. We need to figure out which test is generating
the ${filename} and fix it.

log4j-perf: perf.txt (my fault and needs to be deleted), src/main/resources/perf-WithoutAnyAppender-location.xml,
and src/main/resources/perf-WithoutAnyAppender.xml.

We can wait a few days no? That would give us all time or at least myself to review the current
code. But I can't look until tonight at the earliest...

Is there anything left to do before the 2.6 release build?  If not I can start it tonight
- I hope. The wireless speed at my hotel is terrible so I have to use the hotspot on my phone.

ggregory@apache.org  <>
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>

in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message
you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case,