logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject JDK9 issues so far
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 01:00:57 GMT
Working on b112, I've found a few issues already (some are probably JDK
bugs):

1. This code fails in JDK9 (they seem to have changed how money is
formatted):

assertEquals("12,00 €", new MessageFormat("{0,number,currency}",
Locale.FRANCE).format(new Object[] {12}));

This affects two tests in log4j-api

2. MemoryMappedFileAppenderRemapTest simply hangs

3. MemoryMappedFileManager.unsafeUnmap() accesses internal API not exported
in java.base with no fallback. Maybe there's a workaround, but I've never
seen sun.misc.Cleaner before. This causes all the memory mapped file tests
to fail.

4. Attached is the surefire-reports from log4j-core after I disabled the
above mentioned tests.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>