logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject LOG4J2-1255 Initial feedback on Logger/Message API changes
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2016 08:17:28 GMT
In the future, can we make big changes like this on a separate branch first
so we can discuss them before they are committed to master?

Some concrete feedback:
* Why does ExitMessage keep a reference to the result Object? It is not
used anywhere... (This could easily cause a memory leak...)
* I don't see the point of AbstractMessage. The Message interface already
has a getFormattedMessage() method for obtaining the formatted string. Why
can't we call that method?
* Why does the responsibility of MessageFactory need to increase with
methods to create ExitMessage and EntryMessage? A separate
ExitMessageFactory/EntryMessageFactory seems more appropriate and flexible.
* typo: AbstactFlowMessage -> AbstractFlowMessage
* typo: SimpleEntryMessage.DEAULT_TEXT -> DEFAULT_TEXT
* typo: SimpleExitMessage.DEAULT_TEXT -> DEFAULT_TEXT

Grumpily,
Remko
:-)