logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fast and Furious
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:48:05 GMT
You're absolutely right. I still have quite a few unit tests to add.

Initial perf testing shows a downward trend in Async Logger performance with every release.
(Logging simple string messages without params.) This is worrisome and I'm focusing on figuring
that out first: this will likely involve additional code changes and I'll add more tests after
that.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2016/02/26, at 10:38, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wow, I love the activity we are seeing toward 2.6! All the perf work on top of an existing
sizable change set. Very exciting indeed.

> There sure are a lot of changes coming in. I hope that we all can pitch in to make sure
most if not all of these changes get code coverage from unit tests. I've not checked closely,
but it seems like we may not have good coverage _yet_, or do I have the wrong impression?