logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Ståldal <mikael.stal...@magine.com>
Subject Re: Log4j for Scala
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:24:13 GMT
So where are we on this?

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com>
wrote:

> Sounds good then.
>
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sure.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>> On Dec 14, 2015, at 9:41 AM, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@magine.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Can it still depend on log4-api version 2.5 then?
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I’d actually suggest using a version that has nothing to do with Log4j’s
>>> versioning at this point. For example 0.9 is a great way to let people know
>>> it isn’t GA.
>>>
>>> Ralph
>>>
>>> On Dec 14, 2015, at 9:29 AM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure you can use different versions for different modules. We
>>> just keep the same version across the project. Making it 2.5-beta1 sounds
>>> fine to me.

Remko just added.

2.6-beta _at the

be good to be able to

<

the directory name.

Sicker <boards@gmail.com>

name via <finalName> or

Gregory <

i know. I think certain

Sicker" <boards@gmail.com>

have to match the module name I

Mikael Ståldal <

LOG4J-1181 in Git.

as well.

at 7:51 PM, Gary Gregory <

module folder name will be like that

2015 at 2:11 AM, Mikael Ståldal <

not maintain binary compatibility

26, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Matt Sicker <

it could be handy.

2015 at 12:29, Gary Gregory <

on hearing that Scala suffers from a lot

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Mikael Ståldal <

I am thinking of making a log4j module,
> [...]
https://github.com/typesafehub/scala-logging

Would that make sense?

--

Mikael Ståldal

Senior software developer

Magine TV

mikael.staldal@magine.com

Regeringsgatan 25  | 111 53 Stockholm, Sweden  |

Privileged and/or Confidential Information may be

(or responsible for delivery of the message to such

you should destroy this message and kindly notify

garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
in Action, Second Edition
Batch in Action
http://garygregory.wordpress.com
http://garygregory.com/