logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any interest in a fat jar?
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 20:12:54 GMT
When I use log4j, there is a typical setup I never deviate from. I commonly
need an API, a default implementation, and perhaps a bridge for log4j1
compatbility. I don't care about how many jars I have as long as it's easy
to configure. If I can get one POM to provide X jars, that's the solution I
want. I don't want to include more bytes than necessary (i.e., a big jar of
things I may not use).

Cheers,
Paul

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ralph, this doesn't affect OSGi. It's just specifying a single dependency
> for each project rather than specifying several. Also, using log4j-bom does
> reduce the amount of XML required to use log4j, but it doesn't help this
> use-case.
>
> On 10 December 2015 at 13:18, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, we use Ant in some of our products, I'm not going to write a POM to
>> be used from Ant...
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The whole point here is to provide a jar...
>>>
>>> Gary

For

OSGi, and
Also, we