logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Ståldal <mikael.stal...@magine.com>
Subject Layouts requiring headers vs. message based appenders
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 09:18:24 GMT
This JIRA issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1195

points out that we have kind of a conceptual problem. Some layouts, such as
SerializedLayout, require a header. This does not work with message based
appenders with layout support like KafkaAppender (and I guess JmsAppender
and JeroMqAppender have the same issue).

Should those appenders write layout header in every message, or should we
just document that certain combinations of layouts and appenders are not
supported?

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*