logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] people.apache.org web space is moving to home.apache.org
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2015 00:27:21 GMT
Thanks Gavin. As I mentioned we have had a buildbot job that has been failing for months. We
ended up doing our CI builds on Jenkins and just ignore the failure messages since we can’t
seem to get them fixed.

I also don’t see how buildbot can do what we want to do. Our current process is to build
the site from the release tag, zip it up and scp it to the release managers account on people.apache.org
<http://people.apache.org/> where it is unzipped into their web space.  The site is
then reviewed along with the source and binaries as part of the release process.  I’d prefer
it if a process could be put in place to allow us to do this on home.apache.org <http://home.apache.org/>,
but should that not be possible we will make due with the project VM we have requested.

Ralph

> On Nov 28, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Gavin McDonald <gmcdonald@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ralph et al
>
> (As I mentioned on your INFRA jira ticket…)
>
> Some projects opt to use https://ci.apache.org/projects/ <https://ci.apache.org/projects/>
to host RC/Snapshot websites.
> This is done via Buildbot and a config file is all that needs to be maintained.
>
> Examples:
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/asterixdb/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/asterixdb/index.html>

> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/index.html>

> https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat8/docs/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat8/docs/index.html>

> Projects are also welcome to stage API and code coverage docs there too:-
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/apidocs/8.x/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/apidocs/8.x/index.html>

> https://ci.apache.org/projects/cayenne/api/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/cayenne/api/index.html>

> https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat8/coverage/coverage/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat8/coverage/coverage/index.html>

> And finally, projects are welcome to host alpha/beta/snapshot/nightly developer only
previews of their software releases:-

> https://ci.apache.org/projects/subversion/nightlies/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/subversion/nightlies/index.html>

> https://ci.apache.org/projects/jmeter/nightlies/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/jmeter/nightlies/index.html>

> https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/snapshots/index.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/snapshots/index.html>

> File an INFRA jira ticket if interested and I’ll gladly help set something up.
>
> Gav…
>

>> On 27 Nov 2015, at 6:00 am, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:

>> When performing releases we typically create a new web site for our project on our
local machine, zip it up and then unzip it on p.a.o for reviewers to look at during voting
on the release. The site is way too big to try to do file by file with sftp. How will we be
able to accomplish this with the new plan?

>> Ralph
>>
>>> On Nov 25, 2015, at 5:20 AM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org <mailto:humbedooh@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> Hi folks,
>>> as the subject says, people.apache.org <http://people.apache.org/> is being
decommissioned soon, and
>>> personal web space is being moved to a new home, aptly named
>>> home.apache.org <http://home.apache.org/> ( https://home.apache.org/ <https://home.apache.org/>
)

>>> IMPORTANT:
>>> If you have things on people.apache.org <http://people.apache.org/> that