logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: ok to merge LOG4J2-435-delete-on-rollover into master?
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2015 06:08:14 GMT
I am noticing that you seem to be incrementing the lastModified time by 1 ms in SortingVisitorTest.
You do know that the smallest unit of time you can count on for that is 1 second?  Various
file systems support different precisions. So if you are going to sort by lastModified time
you either need to use 1 second increments or vary the precision depending on the file system
(Good luck with that).

From a quick glance I suspect the other tests are also not using 1 second as a minimum.

Ralph