logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Commit policy question
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 23:27:31 GMT
That’s not are reason to redo a release candidate, especially since I think that bug has
been around a while.

As a reminder, your vote means that you have downloaded and inspected the release candidate
and didn’t find any defects that are showstoppers, both in terms of operation and packaging.
So something like a severe performance degradation, binary compatibility breakage, missing
license headers, artifacts that are improperly signed, etc are all reasons to vote -1 on a
release.

Ralph

> On Oct 11, 2015, at 4:11 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's a rather minor change that would fix a bug marked critical, so it could be worth
redoing the RC. I'll make a vote on that.

> On 11 October 2015 at 17:30, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
> Also, your vote is still binding so if you want to review and vote on the release you
can. That said, I understand if you want to take some time and get acquainted with the code
again.

> Ralph
>
>> On Oct 11, 2015, at 3:28 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:

>> No nothing has really changed. I have a branch I am waiting to commit to master since
I don’t want it included if I have to create another release candidate. That wouldn’t
be a problem for simple bug fixes.

>> Ralph
>>
>>> On Oct 11, 2015, at 3:03 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com <mailto:boards@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Has anything changed in regard to branching since I last contributed? I pushed
a commit to master to fix a bug, but I forgot to make sure that was still the right way to
do things (especially with an RC going on).