logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.4.1 rc1
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 23:31:57 GMT
Oh my mistake, I confused the two. I haven't read about the official voting
process in some time now, so I'll have to refresh myself.

On 11 October 2015 at 18:29, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> See the email I just sent. That isn’t a reason for which I would consider
> failing a release candidate. Of course, you are free to vote -1, but it is
> not a veto.
>
> Ralph
>
> On Oct 11, 2015, at 4:18 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> -1, have a simple bug fix for LOG4J2-1099 that would be handy to include.
> Already in master with tests, so I believe we can include this.
>
> On 11 October 2015 at 14:09, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am not home until later. I probably won't be able to review until
>> tomorrow realistically.
>>
>> Gary

no named loggers) in configuration properties file.
>> o LOG4J2-1140:  Fixed bug where headers were not being written to first file with
RollingFileAppender.
>> o LOG4J2-1149:  Fixed bug where PatternLayout predefined date pattern with time zone
always renders default date format.
>> o LOG4J2-1050:  Fixed Log4jLookup.
>> o LOG4J2-1142:  Fix potential memory leak in web applications by using a straight
ThreadLocal field instead of subclassing ThreadLocal.
>> o LOG4J2-1135:  Compression on rollover was broken: log file was renamed to .zip
but not compressed.
>> o LOG4J2-1127:  log4j2.xml cannot be parsed on Oracle Weblogic 12c.
>> o LOG4J2-1132:  Do not use MongoDB driver 2.13.3 deprecated methods.
>> o LOG4J2-1144:  Add %markerSimpleName in pattern layout should evaluate to marker
name (not toString()).
>> o LOG4J2-1126:  Web site corrections and updates.
>>
>> Changes:
>> o LOG4J2-1151:  Performance improvement: backport Java 8 fast ISO-8859-1 String to
byte[] encoder to AbstractStringLayout.
>> o LOG4J2-935:  Performance improvement when converting Strings to byte[] arrays.
>> o LOG4J2-1040:  Update MongoDB driver from 2.13.3 to 3.0.4.
>> o LOG4J2-1128:  Reuse StringBuilder to improve performance for String-based layouts:
CSV, GELF, HTML, RFC524, Syslog.
>> o LOG4J2-1131:  Update mongo-java-driver from 2.13.2 to 2.13.3.
>> o LOG4J2-1138:  Do not use Jackson deprecated methods.
>> o LOG4J2-1139:  Update Jackson from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2.
>> o LOG4J2-1150:  Update kafka-clients from 0.8.2.1 to 0.8.2.2.
>>
>> Tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=logging-log4j2.git;a=commit;h=bd929b829d5d019cff4640a63007adab71d752df
or

>> a)  for a new copy do "git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/logging-log4j2.git"
and then "git checkout tags/log4j-2.4.1"