logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically Modifying the Current Configuration after Initialization
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 00:15:00 GMT
I imagine that we added more parameters to some of the methods since it was first published.

What do you mean by "it doesn’t work”? Are you getting an exception?  Since no Loggers
were modified to point to your new appender I am thinking all it is going to do is create
an empty file. This seems like a follow-on to our discussion in the Jira issue about the PrintStream
where you were doing the same thing.

Ralph

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 4:58 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Our nice example "Programmatically Modifying the Current Configuration after Initialization"
does not work. (The PatternLayout.create() call does not compile too).