logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.4 rc1
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 05:43:03 GMT
I don’t think we need to go 2.5 for a minor new feature.  The feature is to allow a PatternSelector
on the PatternLayout.  I want to use a different pattern for events with the FLOW marker than
for regular events.

Ralph

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 9:46 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Cool, what's that?
>
> BTW, new feature <=> 2.5.
>
> Gary
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
> I am going to want a 2.4.1 pretty quick anyway.  I am adding a new feature that I need
for work.

> Ralph
>
>> On Sep 22, 2015, at 7:47 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com <mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> I am testing the RC within my current project. I plan on living with the RC for another
dev/debug session or two. So far, no issues that warrant a re-spin.

>> Gary
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
>> Then again, if you don’t vote +1 that could force another release.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>>> On Sep 22, 2015, at 4:17 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:

>>> Not in my book.  I suspect it could be worked around by including a more modern
version of Xerces.  What I don’t get is that they must be using Java 7.  Seems strange to
support that and not have XInclude support.

>>> Ralph

- unless we consider dependency-convergence mandatory?
to set NanoClockFactory mode - details below).

loader, String configLocation) (see source code) in org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.Configurator.
(You can pass null for the class loader.) Be aware that this class is not part of the public
API so your code may break with any minor release.
The new ConfigurationBuilder API allows you to create Configurations in code by constructing
component _definitions_ without requiring you to know about the internals of actual configuration
objects like Loggers and Appenders.

an UTF-8 encoded string will be sent to Kafka.

need to move to keep alphabetic order)

's', but the code for JeroMQ says @PluginElement("Filters") Filter filter

docs for PropertiesRewritePolicy in RewriteAppender

JSONLayout on same page.)

- the nav-bar order is correct)

Log4j Configuration"

welcome, but only Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at least 3 +1
votes and more positive than negative votes are required.

event logging. Thanks to Gary Gregory.
Thanks to Gary Gregory.
on rollover: Deflate, Pack200, XY.
for RoutingAppender. Thanks to Daniel Marcotte.
to log4j2.xml. Thanks to Adam Retter.

ReliabilityStrategy to facilitate
from being dropped on reconfiguration.
fails to work when config location is a file path. Thanks to Gary Gregory.
Thanks to Marcus Thiesen.
Thanks to Mikael Ståldal.
for security permission too late.
Thanks to Philipp Schneider.
Thanks to Lukasz Lenart.
exceptions. Thanks to Joern Huxhorn, Mauro Molinari.
JSON log events. Thanks to Sam Braam.
Thanks to Andy McMullan.
deserialized nested exceptions. Thanks to Sam Braam.
catching InterruptedException. Thanks to Robert Schaft.
causing high CPU usage. Thanks to Nikhil.
peek(). Thanks to Marc Dergacz.
causes NPE. Thanks to Mikael Ståldal.
instead of getImmutableContext(). Thanks to Mikael Ståldal.
at startup. Thanks to Guillaume Turri.
Mikhail Mazurskiy.
Albrecht.
contract. Thanks to Daniel Branzea.
org.slf4j.Marker.hashCode().
if appending to an existing file. Fixes LOG4J2-1030. Thanks to Maciej Karaś, Kenneth Leider.
null. Thanks to Mikael Ståldal.

onwards, log4j 2 requires Java 7.
replaced synchronized SimpleDateFormat with
a ~3-30X faster timestamp formatting.
predefined date formats (and variants using
~2-10X faster than other date formats.
lock acquisition, use more efficient data structure.
org.apache.logging.log4j.Marker.hashCode().
to Hassan Kalaldeh, Robert Andersson, Remko Popma.
Thanks to Poorna Subhash P, Jeremy Lautman.
AppEngine.
and simplify code.

<http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=logging-log4j2.git;a=tree;h=380e13cd7ab965942f1d5cfabd73dd056d728b28;hb=383a8194acab4a740d22b69c023ca3af6cb9c664>
or