logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Ståldal <mikael.stal...@magine.com>
Subject Re: Version 2 outreach?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 08:40:31 GMT
It's OK if a library uses SLF4J properly. However, some libraries (even
Apache ones) uses SLF4J improperly by having a mandatory dependency on a
specific implementation (logj4 1 or logback) in their project. Such as
Zookeeper:

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.4.6/zookeeper-3.4.6.pom

This is very unfortunately since Zookeeper is a dependency for quite a lot
of other projects, and causes quite a lot of headache if you want to use
Log4j 2 (you have to exclude dependencies). There is an old JIRA ticket for
it, but it has not been prioritized:

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*