logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LifeCycle.State.INITIAL
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 21:35:35 GMT
Well, that's what I am asking, "better" is subjective ;-). When I see
INITIAL, I think that something happened to make it INITIAL, IOW I do not
feel much a difference with INITIALIZED. Maybe it's just me that needs
convincing.

What are we trying to convey here? That "new" happened? IOW the ctor was
called? Which should mean the object is initialized. Usually, decent design
says that when you build an object with a ctor, you should initialize it,
but here, of course, with builders, we are in a different situation. Maybe
ALLOCATED happens before INITIALIZED? I kinda like ALLOCATED, it says "I've
been built at a low level but I might be ready to go; put some gas in the
engine before you tirn the key".

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com