logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Name org.apache.logging.log4j.junit.InitialLoggerContext class
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 19:07:37 GMT
Hi All,

I was going to write a couple of blog posts this weekend about log4j and I
was going to start by talking about how useful our InitialLoggerContext
test class is to isolate logging configs for specific tests, but I find the
class name misleading. The class is a JUnit Rule so it should be postfixed
with "Rule" IMO and the "Initial" prefix is just weird, initial as opposed
to what? We have no other LoggerContext JUnit rules. I would not mind
renaming this class to LoggerContextRule. That name is clear and there can
be no mistake that this is not a special kind of LoggerContext. I could
even go for LoggerContextJUnitRule to make it clear that it is for use with
JUnit and not in any other kind of code.

Thoughts?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com