logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Xen <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: Version 2 outreach?
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2015 18:06:09 GMT

Op 15-8-2015 om 17:26 schreef Gary Gregory:

> I am sorry to read that you are ill. I hope get better soon.

Heh, you don't know half of half of half of half ;-). But thanks for the
comment and the sweet words.

Op 15-8-2015 om 17:27 schreef Gary Gregory:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 4:38 AM, Xen <xen@dds.nl <mailto:xen@dds.nl>>
> wrote:
>
>     I am writing these emails to help you /SAVE/ time because I think
>     and feel and know that if you do /ineffective things/ you will in
>     the end not have spent your time well.
>

> I hope you see the irony of this sentence in light of Ralph's previous
> message ;-)
>
> Gary

Haha, no the irony is exactly in reverse. The irony is that Ralph (and
others) think I am wasting his time, while from my perspective and the
actual truth of what I do, I would not be doing it if it was a time
waster. I generally don't run into "doing a lot of stuff for no reason
just because I don't take the time to stop and stare" these days.

Just because someone doesn't see the value of what I do doesn't mean it
is not there. If that was the case I could stop doing everything I've
ever done, because mostly other people, whomever they are, generally
don't agree with my endeavours -- whether it is a father who wants me to
have a 'real' job or an OSS person who thinks his time is better spent
burgeoning on in the same direction without ever stopping to see if it
is still the right direction to go.

Most people in OSS (of FOSS) I would say, are /stuck in a MOVEMENT/.