logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: We are close for 2.1...
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2014 03:43:57 GMT
I thought Matt was going to do this. I am not sure what happened.

Ralph

On Oct 11, 2014, at 5:47 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just FYI, someone just asked for log4j-iostreams functionality on Stackoverflow.
> I realize this is easy for me to say, but shall we release 2.1?
>
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
> I looked at the commit emails for the recent changes but nothing caught my eye; i'm fine
with releasing what we have now.

> FYI, I started a number of online courses and may have very little time to work on log4j
for the next month or two.

>  Regards, -Remko
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2014/10/07, at 4:33, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not here.
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's what I mean. Any more polishing? Any APIs you forgot to fix before 2.1 that
can be done in a couple hours or so? That sort of thing.

>> On 6 October 2014 13:11, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I do not think we should add _anything_ for 2.1. If I have an itch before 2.1 I'll
create a branch. Ideally, our time should be spent polishing.

>> Gary
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I should have time to start the release again (most likely tonight), but if there's
anything else we want to get in for 2.1, then I may have to step down.

>> On 6 October 2014 12:49, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> If Matt is not available I will have the time this week to do a release.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>> On Oct 6, 2014, at 10:03 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks to Matt's RM and coding efforts over the weekend, we went through three
RCs and found and resolved a slew of issues.

>>> Thanks Matt once again.
>>>
>>> It looks like Matt added the shutdown hook he had discussed and other OSGi related
changes. My Apache time is quite limited this week so if anyone else can spend some time on
reviewing and polishing 2.1, now is the time.

>>> While the ML and Jira are active with new messages and tickets, it still feels
like pushing for 2.1 ASAP is the right thing to do, pending Matt's availability.