logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Small addition to API suggestion.
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 18:16:49 GMT
I'm working on the JDK/JUL bridge again, and I noticed that there's a bit
of code duplication occurring in log4j-slf4j-impl as well as log4j-jcl.
This duplication is further duplicated in log4j-jdk which I'm working on
right now.

The duplication is making a weak hash map of LoggerContext to
ConcurrentMap<String, L> where L is some external logger class. What I'm
proposing is a simple SPI class I've temporarily called
ExternalLoggerContextRegistry<L>. The purpose of this interface is to
provide a standardized way to keep track of external loggers that are
bridged with Log4j loggers.

I'll push this work into a branch called LOG4J2-608 which is the JDK
logging bridge ticket. Class names are obviously not final. I wanted to put
this in core instead of api, but the bridges all use just the API.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>