logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4-streams plan
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:57:40 GMT
I think it might be beneficial to include the PrintWriter and PrintStream
classes in the API. However, it's not completely necessary.

If we're going to do a 2.1 release sooner rather than later, then there's
no point in making another 2.0.x release. It would be nice to get some of
the new features like the JUL bridge out there for people. There may be a
possibility in adapting the 1.2 bridge to provide optional log4j-core
functionality while still allowing for most of its features to continue
working with just the API.

I also would like to integrate the JMS refactoring as well. It really
belongs in its own module, and I've got a branch that does just that. I
still need to add in aliases for the Queue/Topic plugins so that everything
works fine.

Then there's the plugin registry updates. Yeah, I've got a few branches out
there with patches and homemade code. ;)

Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>