logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [poll] Memory Mapped Appender in 2.1 vs 2.2?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:48:56 GMT
You the man! Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2014/09/19, at 7:47, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Updated the JUL component page docs, and added component docs for IOStreams.
>
>> On 18 September 2014 12:45, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Note that JUL and IO Streams are not 100% done:
>> The JUL component page needs to be updated,
>> and the IO Streams component does not have a page yet. IOStreams also does not have
a changelog entry yet.
>> (Is LOG4J2-547 the correct Jira for IO Streams? Gary or Matt, can you add a changelog
entry?)

>> If we are going to do a beta, we need to ensure that users can download both the
2.0.2 jars and the 2.1-beta jars from the site.
>> I have no idea how much work it would be to change the site...
>>
>> LOG4J2-829 on the face of it looks fairly straightforward. If you guys work on the
above I can take care of this one.
>> LOG4J2-818 may be non-trivial and perhaps not feasible for 2.1-beta.
>>

>>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> I'd rather RERO and keep moving. But the timiing depends on Matt's availability
to RM a beta and/or release candidate.

>>> I think the path we agreed on is to cut a beta ASAP to put the new features (JUL,
IO streams, and now MMFA) in the wild.

>>> I'd like to think we are fixing bug or addressing reports as they come up but
I what it feels like from reading the ML and Jira is that people are trickling in reports
and comments. So I want to make sure we fix what needs to be fixed ASAP, or document, or create
FAQ entries...

>>> For example, what should we do about:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-829
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-818
>>>
>>> Gary

this in the last couple of weeks.

"java -version" provides.Separate message coming.

and 8 JVMs I think it is ready to be merged and included in 2.1.

LOG4J2-431 into master.

in particular you want me to help with?

and address Jiras for 2.1. I know we operate in what feels sometimes like a free-for-all but
it seems appropriate to slow things down a bit before we think of releasing. We also operate
in a "do-ocracy" so I do not think any one will stop you from merging if that what you think
is best.

the LOG4J2-431 branch into master.
it different from, say, GELFLayout?