logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.0.1 candidate 1
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2014 07:49:38 GMT
I apologize. I didn’t get time tonight and it is already well past midnight. I will look
at this tomorrow.

Ralph

On Aug 2, 2014, at 5:43 PM, Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I am just busy at the moment. I will take a look at it later this evening
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 2, 2014, at 5:24 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So we're at +2 binding, +1 non-binding. The initial 72 hours have passed, but we
still need another +1. Also, I still need my GPG key added to the KEYS file on the website.

>> On 31 July 2014 19:28, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 2014/08/01, at 8:59, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> No, CachedClock wasn't changed.
>>>
>>> I suppose the test is too strict in that it may fail on slower systems or systems
that are busy doing other things at the same time.

>>> I should just remove that test. Gary has mentioned it failing on his machine
several times in the past, I think. It is unfortunately not easy to test Clocks otherwise,
but this has been an annoyance for too long now. I'll get rid of it.

>>> Gary, with that in mind, can I ask you to reconsider your vote?
>>>
>>> That's the kinds of explanation I was looking for. thank you.
>>>
>>> +1
>>
>> Great, thank you!
>>
>> (CC-ing Logging-PMC, that got dropped somewhere.)
>>

>>> Gary
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

RC cut, but they do not feel like "showstoppers", and I am not doing the RM work. Thank you
Matt for doing the work.

email several times before settling on proposing to use the exact version number consistently:
2.0.1 for this release. Otherwise, talking about "Log4j" is fine, I do not think we need to
talk about "Log4j 2" as a general rule. In the migration doc we can talk about "Log4j 1" and
"Log4j 2" since context is important. But I can also see that some additional migration docs
might only apply to later versions of Log4j where using a specific version will be important.

found raw type: org.openjdk.jmh.logic.results.Re

but log4j-core uses disruptor-3.3.0.

Log4j 2.0 API".

has millis instead of timezone...

FATAL.

votes, as usual, are done by PMC members. Non-binding votes are welcome from anyone and are
always welcome.

please let me know as soon as possible! If you don't already have my GPG key, it's key ID
FA1C814D which is available on all the public GPG servers. Otherwise, you can download it
from my Apache site at: <http://people.apache.org/~mattsicker/FA1C814D.asc>

methods useful for asynchronous servlets.

Thanks to Scott Harrington.
Thanks to Scott Harrington.

Chollet.
Thanks to Kosta Krauth.
start. Thanks to Timothy Stack.
OSGi environment.
error. Thanks to Stefan Wehner.
Thanks to Nelson Melina.
referenced from method org.apache.logging.log4j.core.lookup.JndiLookup.lookup. Thanks to Nelson
Melina.