logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which direction to focus on next?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 02:15:42 GMT
Well, the thing is, I've been holding back on this and prioritized bugfixes for over a year
now in order to get 2.0 out the door. I've really been looking forward to working on these
new things.

So what am I supposed to do? There will never be an end to new bugs being reported.

Not happy,
Remko...

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2014/08/05, at 10:24, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It seems that there are some fixes and pending bugs since we started the 2.0.1 vote that
would justify a 2.0.2. Then we could do 2.1. My feeling is that our priority should be to
fix 2.0.x as much as possible before adding more features for a 2.1. IOW, let's stabilize
the current features in 2.0.x, then add complexity and possible bugs with new features.

> Gary
>

>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are there any outstanding issues we'd like to address in a 2.0.2 release, or should
we just start working toward 2.1 now instead? Because if we go the 2.1 route of focus, I've
got a few branches to merge back together (thankfully, git-svn will help a lot in that regard)
into trunk.

>> As Ralph (IIRC) pointed out, we don't need to make an explicit 2.0 branch since we
can just branch from the 2.0.1 tag itself if necessary.