logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.0.2 candidate 1
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:06:47 GMT
No objections.  I haven’t had time to look at the release.  Still unpacking my house and
started a new job yesterday.

Ralph

On Aug 19, 2014, at 12:30 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:

> That makes +3 with no vetoes. If there are no objections, I'll continue the release process
tonight.

> On 19 August 2014 14:27, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 all looks good.
>

> On 18 August 2014 18:34, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
> Artifacts and site look good to me, but before I vote, I want to test this out in my
spring boot project at work tomorrow. Though if we get another vote before that, I won't hold
us up!

> On 18 August 2014 17:06, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1, no showstoppers, just a bunch of nits (see my other email as well as other folks).
>
> Apache Maven 3.2.3 (33f8c3e1027c3ddde99d3cdebad2656a31e8fdf4; 2014-08-11T16:58:10-04:00)
> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.3
> Java version: 1.7.0_65, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_65\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>
> Gary
>

> On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a vote to release Log4j 2.0.2, the second bug fix release of the 2.0 branch of
Log4j 2.

> Please download, test, and cast your votes.
> [] +1, release the artifacts
> [] -1, don't release because...
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or more if required). All votes are welcome,
but only Logging PMC votes are counted toward the minimum +3 votes (with no -1 votes) to pass
the release.

> As from 2.0.1, my GPG key ID is FA1C814D and can be found both in the KEYS file on the
site as well as through any of the usual key servers.

> Changes in this version include:
>

> Fixed Bugs:
> o LOG4J2-773:  Site: log4j-core component pages were still using the old logo.
> o LOG4J2-760:  Documentation improvement: link to dependency tree from log4j-core component
page,
>         link to log4j-core component page from FAQ page.
> o LOG4J2-679:  Resolved race condition that caused log file rotation to fail with error:
"Unable to create directory ..."
> o LOG4J2-726:  Prevent application from hanging when PatternLayout configuration has
opening '{' but no closing '}'.
> o LOG4J2-769:  Startup takes a long time if you have empty packages attribute. Thanks
to Scott Harrington.
> o LOG4J2-763:  Improved asynchronous loggers and appenders to ensure the formatted message
does not change even if
>         parameters are modified by the application. (ParameterizedMessage was already
safe.)
>         Improved documentation. Thanks to Stephen Connolly.
> o LOG4J2-729:  Emit warning message to console if no configuration file found.
> o LOG4J2-765:  Improve warning message when missing log4j-core in the classpath.
> o LOG4J2-722:  Clarified in documentation that Commons Logging jar is required when using
log4j-jcl.
> o LOG4J2-723:  Clarified in documentation that SLF4J API jar is required when using log4j-slf4j-impl.

> o LOG4J2-759:  Fixed various minor site/documentation issues, mostly versioning related.

> o LOG4J2-756:  Prevent JUnit test from creating unnecessary Log4j2Plugins.dat during
build. Thanks to Scott Harrington.