logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <rem...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.0 candidate 1
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 23:42:39 GMT
I'll defer to the RM but if the issue itself is not a showstopper then I don't see how the
paperwork for that issue could be a showstopper.

We can update the Jira ticket to note that the full fix isn't in 2.0 and add another entry
for 703 in the 2.0.1 or 2.1 release notes, saying that it is now fully fixed.

If we fail this release for any reason we should just fix the problem and vote for 2.0-GA-rc2,
not have another RC, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2014/07/16, at 6:51, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How do we propose to deal with the fact that the changes.xml documents 703 as fixed when
it is not? Leave it as a known bug in 2.0 or fix it and roll another RC?

> Gary
>

>> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Note that while 703 is marked as resolved, the user is still having the problem,
so I will re-open it, and I would say another RC is needed to remove 703 from the generated
JIRA report/release notes.

>> In the meantime, I will attempt another round-trip of fix/test with the user.
>>
>> Gary
>>

>>> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:34 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Since 703 is resolved, I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-713
and committed a fix to trunk.

>>> I wonder what else will pop up on Android. It looks like one of our JDBC classes
also depends on JNDI so that would bomb too.

>>> Perhaps we should delay voting on 2.0 until we know how 703 and 713 play out.
Especially since splitting classes in two might be the only solution.

>>> Gary

"Could not find class 'javax.naming.InitialContext', referenced from method org.apache.logging.log4j.core.lookup.JndiLookup.lookup".

to break BC in a non-major release.

replace the existing log levels

referenced from method org.apache.logging.log4j.core.lookup.JndiLookup.lookup. Thanks to Nelson
Melina.

Loggers.
after pressing "reconfigure with XML below".
AsyncLoggerContext objects created by web app classloaders have unique names.

in the pom. Thanks to Philip Helger.
not work. Thanks to Scott Harrington.
PatternLayout).
to closeSilently().