logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:43:57 GMT
Bruce, I've done an initial review of the LOG4J2-609 branch and posted some
comments in the Jira.

Gary, I'm not in principle against changes to the API module in post-2.0
releases. Changes need to have enough merit to justify them, but if they
do, then making these changes before or after 2.0 doesn't matter that much
to me. We've been in beta so long that I'm sure we have quite a few users
already, so to me we are live already.

I do appreciate you want it to be as close to perfect as we can make it.
But I also agree with the others that releasing a GA version now won't
prevent us from making further improvements.

By the way, when I told some people at work that we're close to the 2.0
release, their first impression was: "finally!" :-)