logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Log4j 2.0 candidate 1
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 05:37:22 GMT
I have no idea why it is complaining about Jackson.  I can understand why it doesn’t like
us using the com.sun stuff.  I wonder if we are defaulting to https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/blob/master/import-control.xml

Ralph

On Jul 12, 2014, at 7:40 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the story with the "Disallowed import" checkstyle warnings?
>
> Gary
>

> On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> This is a vote to release Log4j 2.0, the first GA release of Log4j 2.
>
> Please test and cast your votes.
> [] +1, release the artifacts
> [] -1, don't release because…
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or more if required).
>
> New features:
> o LOG4J2-519:  Added support for generating custom logger wrappers that replace the existing
log levels
>         and extended logger wrappers that add custom log levels to the existing ones.

> o LOG4J2-696:  RegexFilter does not match multiline log messages.
>
> Fixed Bugs:
> o LOG4J2-705:  Fixed issue where Async Logger does not log thread context stack data.
>         API change: added method getImmutableStackOrNull() to ThreadContext.ContextStack
interface.
> o LOG4J2-631:  Update docs to clarify how to use formatter logger and standard logger
together.
> o LOG4J2-441:  LoggerConfigs with no Level now inherit the Level from their parent.
> o LOG4J2-703:  Android: Could not find class 'javax.naming.InitialContext', referenced
from method org.apache.logging.log4j.core.lookup.JndiLookup.lookup. Thanks to Nelson Melina.

> o LOG4J2-699:  PatternLayout manual page missing documentation on header/footer.
> o LOG4J2-625:  Fixed Serialization error with SocketAppender and Async Loggers.
>         (Fixed in RC2, but wasn't included in release notes.)
> o LOG4J2-538:  JMX GUI: fixed occasional ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after pressing
"reconfigure with XML below".
>         (Fixed in RC2, but wasn't included in release notes.)
> o LOG4J2-666:  AsyncLoggerContextSelector should ensure that different AsyncLoggerContext
objects created by web app classloaders have unique names.