logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Vagrantfile
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2014 00:57:43 GMT
I will see if I have rights to fix that when I get home

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 21, 2014, at 4:33 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't appear to have wiki edit permissions.
>

>> On 20 June 2014 17:50, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd  like to try this, so I'm looking forward to such a wiki page!
>>
>> Ralph, we could add "Vagrant*" to the excludes in the assembly. That would make sense
to me as we're already excluding IDE files like .project etc there. I do agree that a wiki
page would be a better "home" for this file, again similar to our policy not to commit IDE
files.

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 2014/06/21, at 2:29, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> And for other VMs, well, there'd have to be different configurations. There's
a way to configure multiple VMs in a single Vagrantfile (e.g., for making a cluster of VMs),
so I'll take a look into that as well.

easiest to set up in the root of your project because it automatically shares that directory
in the VM. Otherwise, you need to add more shared directories and such.

you can also document how to install vagrant and virtualbox as well as how to start, stop
and use the VM.

a CentOS or Redhat VM?  I am just having a problem understanding why this file would be in
the root of the project.  I could understand if we had a tools sub-project or something outside
of the project. I just don’t know why this would be in the source that we release.

with a VM for testing. You just run "vagrant up", then "vagrant ssh", then everything from
the project is available in the /vagrant directory in the VM. You can compile, run tests,
etc.

need this file. Now matter what OS I want.  Why does it need to be part of the project?

the root of trunk for?  Was it committed by accident?